I am a father of 3 young boys, each with an insatiable appetite for technology and wrestling!! As a young man, I was a late bloomer into the world of technology, as it wasn’t as readily available, easy to use or as exciting as today. I often wonder what my children’s children will be entertained by.
Technology drew me in as an engineer, working roles as Sys Admin for many years followed by progression up through the architecture ranks. My exposure to closed security systems working within the MoD gave me an everlasting appreciation for the purposes behind data protection principles.
My architectural progression bought me closer to the customer where I was able to develop a deep understanding of business, sectors and the commonalities of challenges shared. This was what I wanted to do…. I was hooked on understanding what challenges my customers faced and how I could help them solve them with the appropriate and relevant use of technology.
The last 10 years of my career have been centred around this ethos, during this time I have managed to gather an exceptional knowledge of the Service Provider and Systems Integrator community, having worked with or for many of them. I bring this knowledge and experience with me to Black Penny and use my working ethos to craft the core values that underpin our consultancy.
- Business and Strategic Consultant with Claranet
- Master Architect across multiple organisations responsible designing and delivering technical solutions for the MOD and Central government, including creation of:
- Security Impact Assessments
- Security Risk Assessments
- Proven track record of delivering successful GDPR engagements whilst with Black Penny
- ECPC Certified Data Protection Officer